Allied Technologies and Consulting (ATC) is currently looking for a Mobile Application Developer/Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our team to support the United States Army Medical Material Development Activity (USAMMDA) located at Ft Detrick, MD. USAMMDA is the premier developer of world class military medical capabilities with a mission to develop and deliver quality medical capabilities to protect, treat, and sustain the health of Our Service Members. This position is based in Ft. Detrick – Frederick, Maryland.
The Mobile Application Developer/SME will utilize a working knowledge of Android, iOS, and MS Windows 10 Operating Systems (OS) along with knowledge of smart phone, tablet, and desktop platforms in order to support the Warfighter Brain Health (WBH) Project Management Organization (PMO) at USAMMDA in the following tasks.
- Support the Project Manager (PjM), Deputy PjMs, Integrated Product Teams (or working groups thereof), and the Product Manager (PdM) in all phases of the software product life cycle for desktop and mobile applications.
- Assist in the recording, tracking, and reporting of Configuration Items (CIs). Coordinate Engineering Change Proposal Requests, conduct Configuration Control Boards, and maintain Baseline Versions.
- Support the PdM with on-going product developmental efforts and on-going product integration efforts to include providing technical expertise during test events and resolving software deficiencies in order to achieve Government acceptance of delivered products.
- Support analyzing product requirements, building and developing testing, and coordinating software qualification testing.
- Support defining target integration platforms, integrating/migrating of the product onto varying target platforms, and coordinating independent verification and validation for the product.
- Ensure security requirements, including the Risk Management Framework (RMF), are addressed in software design and development.
- Support the Government’s effort to accomplish software accreditation by assessing the validity of vulnerabilities identified during formal Government accreditation testing, recommending corrective actions to resolve or mitigate vulnerabilities, and estimating the level of effort and time required to resolve valid vulnerabilities.
- Support evaluating cyber security and vulnerability assessment scans using Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) software, developing RMF, and acquiring an Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Support the Government with on-going Operational Testing (OT) to include a comprehensive evaluation to ensure the system meets all specifications and operational requirements as defined in the Test and Evaluation Strategy (TES).
- Support coordinating test articles and assets (i.e., Laptops, Tablets, Phones, Soldiers, Tents, Vehicles, and Radios), creating a test plan to include test scenarios and Master Scenario Event List (MSEL), and creating a test report.
- Support developing a marketing and fielding plan, launching the product to various app stores, and marketing and socializing the product to increase the user base.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Development or related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
- 5+ years of related software development or information technology management experience. At least 2 years of experience planning and coordinating mobile application development. Position requires at least 12 years of general working experience.
- Have the capability of working in one or more programming languages such as C++, C#, Java, RubyOnRails, .NET, or Visual Basic.
- Possession of at least one of the following certifications preferred: A+, Security +, or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Experience with one or more of the following is preferred: cyber security and vulnerability assessment scans using Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) software, developing RMF, and acquiring an Authority to Operate (ATO).
Must be U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a T1; some travel may be required.
About Allied Technologies and Consulting
Allied Technologies and Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity is the Law
Equal Opportunity is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
This is a Federal Contract