We are currently looking for dynamic and hardworking Senior Scientists that have project management and grant management experience. Technical backgrounds of interest include autoimmune and genetic disorders; cancer; cardiovascular and respiratory health; infectious diseases; neurological and psychological health; tissue, organ and orthopedic injuries; and restorative/rehabilitation medicine.
- Full life-cycle grant award management support as a member of a team
- Identify missing documentation required to complete award negotiations
- Identify instances of existing or potential funding duplications with other federal agencies and/or private organizations
- Determine if the Principal Investigator (PI) needs to address any major concerns identified in the summary statement during peer review or during the programmatic review
- Facilitate communications among the PI, the contracting office, the Office of Research Protections (ORP), and the program funding office regarding issues that may arise during pre-award negotiations
- Coordinate with the ORP to provide regulatory guidelines and requirements to the appropriate approvals by US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or other regulatory agencies
- Track, monitor and update the Electronic Grant System (EGS) as required by agency needs
- Identify research award project milestones, and tie to funding and make recommendations to the contracting office
- Review all post-award documents from the PI after they are submitted to the eBRAP system
- Verify that the Statement of Work (SOW) is being followed and all regulatory approvals are in place
- Capture key research accomplishments and findings have resulted from the completion of tasks in the SOW
- Track all grant contract deliverables and project milestones
- Monitor awards supporting clinical trials or clinical for potential study hinderance and follow reporting protocol laid out by the agency and governing regulatory bodies
- Maintain EGS and document according to agency guidelines
- Organize site visits or local meetings for project planning or progress evaluation
- Ensure attendance of and provide briefings to the appropriate individuals from agency leadership, key stakeholders and decision gate personnel
- Closeout awards according to guidelines and review any intellectual property generated by the award
- Assist the closeout branch at the contracting office with patent and invention reports
- Attend all grants management meetings
- Participate in working groups and other programs at the project office
- Attend peer review, programmatic review, other program-related meetings and scientific conferences as requested by PM and approved by leadership
- U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain a clearance. This is a Federal Contract.
- Ph.D. or Masters-level scientists at multiple levels of subject matter expertise with at least 5 years of related experience.
- Experience with military health research is highly desirable.
- Must have excellent communications, writing, and organizational skills.
- Project management skills (understanding of cost, schedule, performance risks) and experience managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as Microsoft Outlook; Sharepoint and MS Project experience preferred.
- Travel and site visits may be occasionally required
- Multiple positions available contingent upon contract award
ATC is a Minority Owned, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and ISO 9001:2015 certified company. We deliver quality products and services that focus on professional and technical solutions designed to make our clients successful in their missions.
Our clients include Department of Defense (DOD), Health and Human Services (HHS) and other Commercial Entities. Our company prides itself on responsive customer relations and consistent achievement in reaching our customers’ business goals. We have established an ethical and diverse professional service organization built on quality business principles of integrity, excellence, service, and value. We consistently apply these principles in our relationships with our customers and our staff.
Diversity is a key defining cornerstone of ATC with any team we build; the backgrounds of our leadership team have cumulatively shaped our culture of inclusion for people of all walks of life. As a small company, we focus on developing our employees through continuous learning and cultivating a productive work environment.
About Allied Technologies and Consulting
Allied Technologies and Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity is the Law
Equal Opportunity is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Send resume to
Allied Technologies & Consulting, LLC
100 Tuscanney Dr., Ste. B2
Frederick, MD 21702