The Senior Cyber Security Engineer will need to be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner. The Sr. Cyber Security Engineer works with internal team members to ensure the systems are functional, secure, and scalable. The systems and networks developed will be used to collect and process data and improve the client’s security infrastructure.
The Senior Security Engineer will engineer design and develop cyber security technology along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks. They will:
- Design, develop, and deploy solutions and verify the solutions that have been implemented.
- Rapidly adjust designs based on new threat and attack information.
- Design enterprise and systems security throughout the development life cycle; translate technology and environmental conditions (e.g., law and regulation) into security designs and processes.
- Maintain up‐to‐the‐minute currency on attack techniques being used by adversaries against any of the components being engineered into new or updated systems.
- Use knowledge about current attacks to identify flaws and weaknesses in the composition and design of networks, remote access schemes, and systems and applications.
- Cloud modernization initiatives migrating on‐premise systems and/or functions and optimizing for cloud capabilities, designs, and secure best practices
- Implementation of services and capabilities providing additional security enhancements, optimizations, or additions improving the effectiveness and efficiency of efforts to protect client mission, systems, and information.
- Be senior in knowledge skills and abilities specifically applicable to designing, developing, and deploying security solutions in architectures and services.
The candidate must be knowledgeable and experienced in security architectures, best practices, and security. Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
- Mastery of, and ability applying advanced network, cloud, cybersecurity and system technologies
- Mastery of, and ability applying systems administration and system engineering/ security theories, concepts, methods and best practices throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Mastery in defining solutions using security architecture requirements and customer requirements
- Mastery in designing secure, scalable, highly available fault tolerant systems
- Mastery in protecting a network against malware
- Mastery in the identification and definition of based security architecture requirements and patterns
- Knowledge of packet‐level analysis
- Knowledge of penetration testing principles, tools, and techniques (e.g., metasploit, neosploit, etc.)
- Knowledge of network access, identity and access management (e.g., public key infrastructure, PKI)
Education, Skills and Experience
BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience with a focus on cyber security or Masters with 5-8 years of prior relevant experience.
Must be able to pass background and drug testing. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
About Allied Technologies and Consulting
Allied Technologies and Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity is the Law
Equal Opportunity is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Send resume to
Allied Technologies & Consulting, LLC
100 Tuscanney Dr., Ste. B2
Frederick, MD 21702