SBIR/STTR Program Support Analyst:
Job Description: Provide support as part of a team of specialists, program managers, and analysts in a complex and fast-paced military medical environment. This position would primarily serve as analysts and advisors to management on the evaluation of the effectiveness of government programs and operations or the productivity and efficiency of the management of Federal agencies or both. This position is currently a hybrid position primarily working remote; however, individual must be within commuting distance to Fort Detrick in Frederick, MD for occasional meetings. This position supports Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR)/Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs at the U.S. Army Medical Research and Development Command (USAMRDC).
Location: Frederick, MD (Hybrid)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expert advice to small businesses and Government stakeholders on the Defense Health Agency (DHA) SBIR/STTR Programs including but not limited to: topic submissions; proposal submissions; proposal evaluations; due diligence reviews; proposal feedback; and contract awards.
- Coordinate all aspects of the DHA SBIR/STTR topic process including but not limited to: call for topic memos/taskers; topic submissions, topic revisions; Topic Review Meetings; and submission of approved topics.
- Coordinate all aspects of the DHA SBIR/STTR proposal evaluation process including but not limited to: establish Technical Evaluation Teams; prepare evaluation website; monitor evaluations to ensure milestones are successfully met; due diligence reviews; prepare and send select/non-select notifications; and proposal feedback.
- Work closely with the U.S. Army Medical Research Acquisition Activity (USAMRAA) to ensure required selection documentation is received in a timely manner.
- Provide Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs) and Purchase Requisitions (PRs), to include PR modifications, for DHA SBIR/STTR Programs via General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS.)
- Update SBIR/STTR portion of the Plans Programs Analysis and Evaluations (PPA&E) website.
- Assist in preparing responses to internal and external taskers and requests for information.
- Apply knowledge of the substantive nature of agency programs and activities; agency missions, policies, and objectives; management principles and processes; and the analytical and evaluative methods and techniques for assessing program development or execution and improving organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Apply understanding of basic budgetary and financial management principles and techniques as they relate to long range planning of programs and objectives.
- Prepare and provide trainings/briefings to internal/external personnel.
- The work requires skill in application of fact finding and investigative techniques; oral and written communications; and development of presentations and reports.
- Assist the Operations Manager in an administrative capacity through program and financial tracking of projects in the DHA SBIR/STTR portfolio.
- Assist in the monitoring of the review progress of Phase I and Phase II contracts; providing oversight of the Technical Points-of-Contact (TPOC) in contract management; tracking schedule, burn rate, milestones, and progress of projects; holding regular project reviews (semi-annual) with TPOCs to monitor contract progress; and preparing requests for incremental and option funding and administrative contract changes. TPOCs to monitor contract progress.
- Track requests for public release and monitors project in the SBIR/STTR Transition Program.
- Assist in coordinating all interagency (i.e., internal and external stakeholders, within Government and internationally) interaction, coordinating with staff and leadership of other organizations and planning and executing internal and external meetings, conferences, and special events, including: Ensuring that locations are properly booked for use, Developing agendas, Sending meeting requests and notifications, Ensuring background documentation, visuals, and briefings are prepared.
- Support for classified meetings in approved conference rooms, following the approved processes for conducting such meetings.
Experience and/or Certifications Required: High School Diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s degree is desired.
- Must possess excellent communications, writing, organizational and interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, organizational skills, and project management skills (understanding of cost, schedule, performance risks).
- Excellent attention to detail including editing skills and ability to ensure financial data is presented accurately.
- Ability to follow direction.
- Must be a team player.
- Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team.
- Ability to work closely with small businesses and Government stakeholders.
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Possess a working knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) classified document handling procedures.
- Possess proficient knowledge and experience with of the Microsoft Office suite of software, with 5 years of experience using Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- USAMRDC experience is highly desired.
- Desire to learn.
Additional Requirements: Must be a US citizen. Must be able to pass background and drug testing. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. THIS IS A FEDERAL CONTRACT.
Allied Technologies and Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity is the Law: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Equal Opportunity is the Law Supplement: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: