Allied Technologies and Consulting (ATC) is recruiting for a Radiological Engineer/Radiology Equipment Advisor to assist our government customer with supporting the medical Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) phases of the acquisition life cycle for radiological imaging devices, equipment, and systems. The position is based in Frederick, MD.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Radiological Engineer/Radiology Equipment Expert/Advisor will perform the following duties:
- Provide senior level subject matter expertise in radiology, radiological systems, and the full range of imaging equipment.
- Apply clinical decision-making and knowledge to provide recommendations regarding equivalent medical items.
- Support standardization of radiological items according to current best clinical practices.
- Stay abreast of the healthcare marketplace to provide recommendations of new technologies and capabilities; conduct market research into available products and vendors.
- Participate on working groups by providing expert advice to develop plans and protocols for clinical studies and testing plans, analysis of alternatives, business case assessments, and acquisition strategies.
- Evaluate the quality systems of vendors, laboratories, and manufacturers.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of operational requirements.
- Access Defense Logistics Agency websites to conduct research and evaluation of veterinary equipment for sustainment of assigned items.
- Assist with development of capability documents, acquisition strategies, and logistical support requirements, adhering to the corresponding DoD 5000 series acquisition process.
- Prepare accurate and timely documentation such as white papers, information papers, after action reports, executive summaries, briefings, and decision memorandums.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field (radiology/imaging, biomedical engineering, science/technology, or other technical); Master’s degree preferred
- Additional training and certifications desirable
- Excellent communications, writing, organizational and project management skills
- Sharepoint and MS Project experience desired
- Experience, knowledge and the ability to execute using Microsoft Office Suite, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as Microsoft Outlook
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in Federal contracting, government or military environment is preferred.
- Occasional travel may be required
- Public Trust T1-NACI Clearance Required
- US Citizen
- Must be able to pass background and drug testing.
- THIS IS A FEDERAL CONTRACT.
About Allied Technologies and Consulting
Allied Technologies and Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity is the Law
Equal Opportunity is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision