Locations: Frederick, MD
The Financial Analyst will provide advanced level budget, accounting and financial analysis of funds in accordance with federal and agency regulations reporting to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Resource Management (DCSRM) within US Army Medical Research and Development Command (USAMRDC). Financial Analyst will use GFEBS to track financial data including but not limited to fund availability, commitments, obligations, accruals, and disbursements for all funding dispersed by USAMRDC for projects, grants and contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide advanced level financial reporting and analysis of all funds within the USAMRDC.
- Provide support with the development of an overall financial structure for USAMRDC and all the subordinate commands and creation of project structure and funded programs using the Army General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS).
- Monitor monthly compliance with the requirements of the financial structure to ensure reporting is accurate and complete.
- Provide support with the development of an USAMRDC-wide Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) taxonomy and creation of WBS in GFEBS.
- Monitor monthly compliance with WBS to ensure reporting is accurate and complete.
- Provide support with the development of financial business rules and policies to ensure consistency of fund execution throughout USAMRDC.
- Coordinate with the USAMRDC Headquarters Offices and subordinate commands to ensure programmatic changes to research are reflected in the financial structure.
- Continually monitor the financial position of all program funds including budget and actual data for USAMRDC and subordinate commands and ensure the accuracy and timely fiscal information reporting to the DCSRM leadership to adequately direct, organize and monitor all program resources.
- Maintain and graphically present knowledge of the current budget status for USAMRDC and subordinate commands for past, present and projected execution plans. The Contractor shall delivery weekly and monthly reports summarizing funding status, commitments, obligations, expenditures, disbursements, and comparison to OSD targets will be required.
- Analyze trends and report changes in trends that may impact operations.
- Develop tools such as Microsoft (MS) Excel VLOOKUP resources to assist with programmatic analysis of financial data.
- Develop tools such as the annual budget build to aid the DCSRM staff throughout the Command with budgeting, financial execution, cost analysis, solvency reviews and financial reporting.
- Assist with budget and accounting reports, reconciliations, and researching transactions.
- Assist with taskers which are directives or action items at the executive level that require response from DCSRM.
- Assist with documenting DCSRM processes and procedures.
- Analyze financial reports generated and provide summary of conclusions including highlight areas for improvement as needed.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as required from USAMRDC leadership.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the GFEBS Business Intelligence (BI) reporting.
- Use the USAMRDC prescribed format for all reports and charts.
- Use the MS Excel VLOOKUP resources to integrate data from different sources.
- Recommend methods for effective and efficient use of funding in the budget and planning years, and analyze obligation and disbursement rates against budget. As budgetary financial challenges arise, seek resolution approaches to resolve and ensure funding is utilized appropriately. Prepare contract packages to support timely awards and facilitate the acquisition process, as needed, to ensure contracts and agreements operate smoothly
- Have the ability to handle demanding situations with clarity, focus and professionalism, and to respond quickly to quick turnaround taskers
- Analyze and provide reports on programmatic planning and execution data, provide periodic updates to financial plans inclusive of planned release schedules, current fiscal year activity, and prepare reports that will be used to brief senior leadership
- Two full years of progressively higher-level education leading to such a degree in the business or related field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the duties outlined in the job requirements OR combination of education and work experience. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience utilizing an automated financial system such as General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS)
- Specialized experience in the area of Federal appropriations law, Federal budget analysis and financial reporting, Army budget experience preferred.
- Proven experience in the field related to implementation of federal concepts, policies, and principles of budget
- Experience and ability to work well as a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites; Excellent in Excel
- Excellent Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet skills- VLOOKUP
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a NACI (TI)
- Must be able to pass background and drug testing
· THIS IS A FEDERAL CONTRACT
About Allied Technologies and Consulting
Allied Technologies and Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity is the Law
Equal Opportunity is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision