Provide support as part of a team of specialists, program managers, and analysts in a complex and fast-paced military medical environment. This Position will entail working on site/ full time at Fort Detrick, MD. This Position support various missions at the U.S. Army Medical Research and Development Command (USAMRDC).
- The Business Development Specialist, supporting the U.S. Army Medical Research and Development Command (USAMRDC), in the G3/5/7 office, will be responsible for identifying and pursuing opportunities to foster relationship building, medical research and development program promotion, and the exchange of information involving both internal and external stakeholders, i.e., MRDC personnel, business collaborators, industry partners, and academia. These exchanges may include conferences, workshops, meetings, and briefings, as well as take the form of memos, information papers, and newsletters. Support may also be provided in the form of publications, news releases, interviews and other promotional materials that increase awareness and elevate the people, science and technologies, and business activities of the USAMRDC.
- This position requires knowledge of the substantive nature of agency programs and activities; agency missions, policies, and objectives; management principles and processes; and the analytical and evaluative methods and techniques for assessing program development or execution and improving organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to foster relationship building, program promotion, and information exchange for internal/external stakeholders; research programs; interview internal stakeholders; identify gaps; road map
- This position will also require an understanding of basic budgetary and financial management principles and techniques as they relate to long range planning of programs and objectives.
- Duties will include gathering, organizing, and transmitting information re: MRMC business activities through activities such as conferences, meetings, newsletters, articles, etc. also communicate the process of doing business with MRMC and promote MRMC business development.
- Attend science and business-related internal and/or external meetings, workshops, briefings, and conferences; prepare EXSUMS, overviews, information papers, and contribute to current MRDC HQ internal publications/newsletters, as appropriate
- Develop and maintain publications (Gateway to Partnerships) and other promotional materials, e.g., social media presence (WTBW) and website platform for Doing Business with MRDC; track available metrics/analytics
- Liaison support to non-federal entity, the Fort Detrick Alliance for board meetings, networking events and Doing Business with the Fort signature event to facilitate communication and information exchange about how to work with MRDC
- Participate in Campaign Plan 2025 LOE4 People and Partnerships, and specifically Partnerships Working Group to develop and support action plans that will deliver the End State; participate in MRDC PAO Marketing Working Group / SMS
- The work requires skill in: application of fact finding and investigative techniques; oral and written communications; and development of presentations and reports.
- The person needs to be self-assured and know what they’re doing. In an ideal world, we need someone with
- Assist project managers in an administrative capacity through program and financial tracking of projects and portfolios.
- The analyst will assist in contract management; tracking schedule, burn rate, milestones and progress of projects; and holding regular project reviews.
- Assist in coordinating with staff and leadership of other organizations to plan and execute internal and external meetings, conferences, and special events. Tasks include ensuring that locations are properly booked for use, developing agendas, sending meeting requests and notifications, ensuring background documentation, visuals, and briefings are prepared.
Experience and/or Certifications Required:
High School Diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s degree is required in marketing and/or business development
- Must possess excellent communications, writing, organizational and interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, organizational skills, and project management skills (understanding of cost, schedule, performance risks)
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to follow direction
- Must be a team player
- Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Desired- project management experience, business development experience conference and large meeting planning experience, and some experience with marketing (identifying activities, developing and working the plans, writing the material.
- Possess a working knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) classified document handling procedures.
- Possess proficient knowledge and experience with of the Microsoft Office suite of software, with 5 years of experience using Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- USAMRDC experience is highly desired
- Desire to learn
- ACTIVE SECERT CLEARANCE (DOD)REQUIRED
Must be a US citizen. Must be able to pass background and drug testing. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. THIS IS A FEDERAL CONTRACT.
About Allied Technologies and Consulting
Allied Technologies and Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity is the Law
Equal Opportunity is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Send Resume to Allied Technologies & Consulting, LLC
100 Tuscanney Dr., Ste. B2
Frederick, MD 21702.