The Cyber Security Engineer will be focused on the deployment and administration of cyber security safeguards, threat and vulnerability analysis and mitigation, and cyber security incident response to be part of a Computer Security Incident Response Team.
- Manage and maintain the SIEM and vulnerability scanner; produce and distribute vulnerability scan reports; work with IT asset administrators to keep SIEM event sources current; design SIEM alerts identifying suspect activity or anomalous behavior; stay current on threat and vulnerability information from vendor channels and trusted partners and develop mitigation plans to address.
- Develop and maintain cyber security incident response procedures as directed by the ISO; acquire basic knowledge of computer forensic tools and techniques.
- Support the ISO in any information security risk assessment, risk analysis, or compliance activities as directed.
- Develop knowledge of tools and methods to monitor the network and systems for security-related configuration issues and vulnerabilities; monitor the health of information security safeguards such as the IDS/IPS, anti-virus, and web filter, and report issues to the ISO and Director.
- Acquire knowledge of available security-related metrics in the environment, and develop tools and procedures to mine that data and deliver it according to specifications provided by the ISO and/or Director.
We are most interested in candidates with professional experience in a technical IT role and a demonstrable interest in the field of cyber security as evidenced by participation in professional information security associations and/or professional development choices (classes, reading, certificates, etc.).
- Experience with network monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with the TCP/IP stack and Ethernet
- Experience administrating Windows or Linux servers.
- CISSP, or CompTIA Security+ certification, are a plus.
Along with experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- Firewall and IDS/IPS products
- Network protocols and packet analysis tools
- SIEMs and vulnerability scanners.
- Penetration testing
- Computer forensic tools and procedures
Education, Skills and Experience
BS degree and 1-3 years of prior relevant experience with a focus on cyber security or Masters with 3-5 years of prior relevant experience.
Must be able to pass background and drug testing. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
About Allied Technologies and Consulting
Allied Technologies and Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity is the Law
Equal Opportunity is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Send resume to
Allied Technologies & Consulting, LLC
100 Tuscanney Dr., Ste. B2
Frederick, MD 21702